Future Plans and Funding
We're Planning to Improve the Community Centre
Post COVID plans have been submitted and approved to make some major improvements to the Community Hall. It's a big project (for us) and will really improve the facilities in line with the suggestions from the 2021 Community Survey. If you would like to see a full copy of the approved disabled access plans you can download a pdf here:Download Plans
Here are a few of the 3D Designs for the refurbished kitchen - all the equipment and stainless steel fittings have been funded and purchased
Lockdown has meant NO funds coming in for the last year. We have completed rewiring the hall, replaced our ageing oil tank , nearly completed the kitchen refurbishment We have been raising funds to complete several important bits of work to bring the hall up to standard. Apart from trying to find some major funders, any and all donations towards the work are a great help.
You could send a cheque or leave a big tip when you visit us. 100% of any donation will go straight into the development fund - if you were able to Gift Aid your donation that would be even better.You can download a Gift Aid Declaration form here.
Current Local Fundraising target £125,000. Raised and Promised so far (inc. Gift Aid):
What Needs Doing
The planned improvements to the Community Hall facilities include:
- Improved disabled access and Toilet: £30,000 - Planning approved - We are on the way, but still need to raise more to finish the job!
- Replacing exisitng roof: £100,000 - The next big target.
- Salary for Part-Time Development Officer: £20,000 -(Appointed December 2021 - Thank You Adapt and Thrive!)
- Complete and Commission Fire Alarm system: £3,000 (50% already promised - Thank You local resident!)
- Refurbished Kitchen - work alomost completely finished: £60,000 (already donated - Thank You - Healthy Islands, Adapt and Thrive and The Waterfall Fund!))
- Keeping the hall safe and secure throughout lockdown and renovation: £325 a month (already donated - Thank You local residents and businesses!)
- Redecoration and Refitting: £8,000 (already donated - Thank You Adapt and Thrive and CalMac!)