Group of ladies on steps - knitting
Photo Catherine Lowdon © PPHA
The caption below this photo reads "The knitters for the soldiers. Aug. 1914." It shows Mrs Annie Bell née Lawson with members of her staff on the steps leading down to the garden at Tavool House. Tavool estate was in the hands of William and Annie Bell from the 1880s and remained in the family until 1956.