Tiroran Side School group in field
Photo: Cathy Adam © PPHA
Tiroran Side School was on the hill above Scobul, equidistant from both Burg and Balevulin. Children were required to walk up to 4 miles to school. This photo was taken on Party Day sometime before 1910. It was an annual event organised by The Squire [Mrs. Maudie Cheape, Squire of Bentley]
Back row: L.to R. Katy Cameron (later to marry Sandy Mhor MacGillivray); Katy MacKay (caretaker’s daughter); Susan and Janet Goldie (The Gatehouse, Kilfinichen); Katy MacFadyen (Balevulin); Nancy Weir (America House, Tiroran) ; Sarah or Morag MacGillivray (Burg) ; Katy MacDonald (Tiroran ).
Front row: L.to R. Alan MacLean (Scobul); Charlie Weir (America House) ; James Thomson (America House).