The Free Church Manse at Pennyghael
Photo: Bertie Black © PPHA
The Free Church Manse at Pennyghael. The United Free Church at Pennyghael was built in 1890 and the manse not long after. However, the Manse was not used by the Church for very long, and was rented out. In 1933 it was inhabited by the Lamont family of Pennycross, while their house was having its roof raised and other improvements carried out. In the photo, Mrs Lamont is bound for the well across the road as there was no water supply to the Manse at the time.